Monday, January 5, 2009

Loneliness::~

Well::~
My granma's in the hospital::~
Cuz of a fever bug which has been attacking her for the past month::~
A WHOLE MONTH::~
We're really afraid for her::~
Hopefully it's nothing serious::~
The doctors still haven't found the cause of the stubborn fever::~
Please pray for her::~
Thank you so much::~
=)
*
*
*
Well::~
This sad story is not about my Granma::~
My Granma is a very much loved old woman,
I assure you::~
I visit her everyday after work::~
Well::~
Almost::~
Maybe I missed 2 or 3 days::~
But my Mom has been visiting her 2 to 3 times EVERYDAY::~
For a whole MONTH::~
Good thing petrol's cheap in our country::~
*
*
*
ANYWAY::~
Back to the story::~
My Granma has a room mate::~
Lets name her Mrs. X::~

*I'm not telling some details cuz I know that Mrs. X has a granddaughter*
*who may or may not read my blog*
*And perhaps her family doesn't like anyone talking about their family's history*

-You get the picture, I hope-

I was visiting my Granma today::~
After work::~
My Mom was there already::~
Then I started chatting with my Granma::~
Making conversations to lift her mood::~
Allowing her to nag me on petty things::~
Making her laugh and what not:~


And I noticed that Mrs. X was rather gloomy::~
Sitting alone by herself::~
Staring at her bed::~
My Mom even said that she saw Mrs. X weeping::~
It was then, I knew of Mrs. X's history::~

Mrs. X is old and probably pretty sick too::~
More sick than my Granma actually::~
She has 5 children::~
4 whom have migrated overseas::~
And only one son, here, to take care of her::~
I've met her son and his family::~
A pretty well-to-do family::~

I assume the rest of her children
have probably found fortune elsewhere::~

But they are there for her::~
She may be seriously ill
and
yet the rest of her children
are not with her::~

It just breaks my heart::~

She was just so lonely::~

I tried making conversations with her::~
Asking her whether she'd like to watch some television::~
She said she'd watch it later::~
The she'd ask me where we lived::~
Whether it was near the hospital::~
*Cuz my Granma was bragging about my Mom and I visiting her everyday*
=.="""
Jokingly::~
I told her about the Smart Tunnel::~
And how easy it was to reach the city using it::~
We chatted about some places she knew::~
That I dint::~
O.o


Then, I guess my Granma got a lil jealous::~
Cuz I wasn't chatting with her, instead::~
I went to sit by my Granma::~
Showed her a video of my lil sis::~
Which got her spirits up::~

But when I glanced back at Mrs. X::~
I cant help but feel a sad lil pull in my heart::~
She barely could manage a smile and say "Bye" to my Mom and I:~
She looked so so sad and so lonely::~

I cried when I drove home::~
Tail-ing my Mom's car::~

Thinking of her::~

I swore to myself::~
I'll never ever leave my parents::~
For fame or gold::~




They loved you so much::~
Show them you love them too::~
Be there for them::~





1 comment:

3 May '90 said...

sis, i love yr post! :) it's simply so touching and lovely. will rmb yr advice and learn frm u! :)